Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
|Department:||Quality Assurance/Quality Control|
|Location:||Los Banos, CA|
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Support the review, understanding and compliance of all programs, policies and procedures contained in the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
Other duties as directed by the QC Manager and Director of Quality Systems.
The Micro Technician is responsible for the following:
1. Perform microbiological testing of Kagome and RO finished products.
2. Conduct weekly environmental air plates and water sampling.
3. Provide a monthly report summarizing results of plant water quality.
4. Support post-CIP ATP testing of processing equipment when available.
5. Collect samples for quarterly Environmental Pathogen Testing Program.
6. Capture microscopic pictures of pouch defects.
7. Participate in the American Proficiency Institute (API) Testing Program for Microbiological testing procedures.
8. Maintaining the sanitation of all microbiological equipment.
9. Prepare all required microbiological media for testing aseptically.
10. Maintain an inventory of all required microbiological supplies and place orders when necessary.
11. Maintain accurate and legible records.
12. Support the review, understanding and compliance of all programs, policies and procedures contained in the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
13. Other duties as directed by the QC Manager or Director of Quality Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Item % of Time Job Function
1 70 Media preparation and microbiological testing
2 20 Environmental, including air and water testing and reporting
3 5 other duties as directed by the QC Senior Manager or Director of Quality Systems
4 5 Equipment and inventory maintenance.
POSITION DIMENSIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Direct contact with all Plant Management staff and R&D.
Be diplomatic and clear as a Customer and Supplier liaison when required by Management.
Education Level and Focus:
Minimum of BS/BA in Science or Food Science Field. Years of service in the Department are a consideration.
Skills and Abilities:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Possess the ability to convey technical applications to non-technical personnel. Exercise good judgment in problem solving situations.
Technical and Analytical:
Must have excellent organizational and computer skills. Requires great attention to detail.
Administrative and Operations:
Reliable and punctual with reports and presentations. Possess good safety habits.
Mix of office and laboratory work. Must be able to work extended hours on occasion and be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Some chemical fumes, good lighting, hot/cold and humid temperature, high noise levels, wet floors.