Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Processes raw materials into margarine, red and white sauces or salsas. Responsible for training of all other batch operators and break relief’s in the batching process, to include material handling, material tracking, batching procedures, documentation procedures, and sanitation.
Support the review, understanding and compliance of all programs, policies and procedures contained in the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ITEM TIME JOB FUNCTIONS
1. 70% Follows approved procedures, blending raw materials into sauces using blending tanks, transfer pumps and heat exchangers. Training of new operators in the process to be consistent, accuracy in documentation of lot numbers, where to locate and log these numbers, batch adjustments, rework/reprocess tracking, and proper sanitation methods.
2. 15% Follows approved procedures completing sanitation of the process equipment and of the batching room. Monitor pressure gauges, flow meters/scales, thermometers, or products, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions, such as product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and agitator speed. Record temperatures, amounts of batches processed, and/or test results on report forms. Read dials and gauges on panel control boards in order to ascertain temperatures, moisture content, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves in order to obtain specified mixtures. Correct machinery malfunctions by performing actions such as monitoring pumps, motors, agitators and inform supervisors of malfunctions as necessary. Start machinery such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves in order to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
3. 5% Coordinates change-over with line operators. Along with Pre-stages ingredients for production.
4. 5% Completes batching, equipment and room sanitation paperwork. Responsible for following GMP protocols.
5. 5% Performs other duties as needed or assigned by supervisor
POSITION DIMENSIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Production Manager and mixers, line operators, QC/QA, R&D, and maintenance.
Education Level and Focus:
High School diploma or equivalent. Willingness to continue education through approved courses or classes that will enhance personal and professional growth.
Years and Type of Related Experience Required:
Food processing experience preferred or at least some experience working as a mixer in similar work environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Interpersonal and Communication:
Ability to function with minimal supervision, including the capacity to learn, write, implement, and follow processing and sanitation procedures safety rules and other directives. Ability to speak and write English. Develop and implement with supervision, measurable cost saving measures and procedures.
Technical and Analytical:
Basic math skills, process equipment problem solving aptitude, formulation problem solving aptitude. Writing skills a must.
Administrative and Operations:
Aptitude for detailed written documentation of the batching, GMP and room sanitation processes and procedures. Able to implement and apply time management skills and procedures to define the batching process to be efficient and cost effective.
Physical and mental demands, including standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending, lift 50+ lbs, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling.
Food plant, cold, hot and humid conditions, wet floors, high noise levels, forklift and pedestrian traffic.
Mixer skill Level Change:
To advance per skill levels: Level 2 mixer is to know how to mix 52, 51, 30, whey, 36 and 18.
Special Equipment Used:
Blending tanks, transfer pumps, heat exchangers, scales, required hand tools. PPE as required for employee safety.