Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
|Location:||Los Banos, CA|
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Maintain existing and grow new sales through direct sales to new and existing accounts in the Central US market. Provide customer assistance and service so as to contribute to the growth and success of Kagome, Inc.
Support the review, understanding and compliance of all programs, policies and procedures contained in the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain and grow existing accounts through line extensions and account penetration. Targeting and prioritizing accounts to insure alignment with Kagome’s goals and strategies as well as focusing on the most qualified opportunities. Organize and execute customer industry trade shows. Sales calls and sales presentations.
2. Manage customer relationships at all levels of personnel within regional and national foodservice chain accounts. Utilize pre-call protocol and provide detailed follow-up to all sales calls. Focus on generating profitable business by developing customer strategies that address customer goals, objectives, and culture. Direct sales calls will be focused on national and regional foodservice chain accounts. Sales calls on foodservice distributors, industrial accounts, institutional accounts will also be expected.
3. Promptly respond to requests of customers, management and key personnel. Assist accounts payable and receivable departments. Develop successful business relationship with Kagome R&D, and other key functions within Kagome.
4. Administrative responsibilities. Weekly and monthly reports including monthly T&P updates. MBO progress sheets. Obtain and retrieve competitive and industry information. Sales call preparation. Customer reports which include monthly reports, project management forms, trade show preparation.
5. Miscellaneous. Respond to immediate projects and special projects and manage customer projects depending upon urgency and frequency in a timely and organized fashion and manage customer projects. Continual education and training, Provide prompt and concise responses to customer regarding any QA issues. Coordinate all QA communications with QA department.
6. Support the review, understanding and compliance of all programs, policies and procedures contained in the Master Food Safety and Quality Management System.
POSITION DIMENSIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidate will live in or have easy access to markets served. Customer focus will be in specified geographical area of the US with possible exceptions outside that region.
Chief Customer Officer, BDA Analyst, Sales Team, CI&I, Customer Service, Director of Operations, Director of QA/QC, Accounting/Administration Departments, HR.
Customers, Prospects, Supply Chain, Industry Resources, Foodservice organizations.
Education Level and Focus:
Minimum of a bachelors degree in Business and/or Food Science with emphasis in Business or Marketing, Economics, Public Relations, or equivalent.
Years and Type of Related Experience Required:
5-10 years minimum Foodservice sales experience. Experience with National Accounts (e.g. Yum!) desired.
Skills & Abilities:
Interpersonal and Communication:
Strong verbal and written skills. Exhibits enthusiasm, self-motivation, and strong initiative, with ability to be a team player. Concise and timely communications both internally and externally. Able to integrate written and verbal skills into the sales process. Strong presentation skills. Effectively promotes Kagome within the foodservice community.
Technical and Analytical:
Ability to understand and analyze business. Ability to recommend and implement change
for improvement and growth of overall business. Able to quantitatively and qualitatively
qualify profitable business opportunities. Define and communicate market trends.
Administrative and Operations:
Ability to respond to corporate and regional directives with emphasis on company policy
and direction. Ability to plan work & travel schedule and achieve results.
Travel 40% to 50% of the time by plane and car. Lifting and transporting supplies or products.
40 to 50% time out in the field, frequently in automobile, plane, or other offices. Sales presentations and follow-up. Remainder of time in home-based office.
Special Equipment Used:
Presentation aids for shows, sales meeting and sales calls. Prepare P.O.S. information and work with BDA and R&D to prepare sauce and menu concepts for presentation to customers. Computer, printer, projectors, copier, fax, phone.